Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Drunk in Portland, and I missed the donuts

So I went on a business trip to Portland.  It was my first time in Portland. It was fun. We had a party. I learned how to play blackjack. I won about twenty notebooks, because I literally threw raffle tickets in all the prizes instead of just the big ones. I also won a GoPro in the company's big raffle! Yay win!

I also drank a lot, both at the employer-sponsored party and at the unofficial afterparty that followed in Old Town.

Picture taken while stumbling back to my hotel from Old Town.
I vaguely recall drunkenly repairing a toilet in the bar at the afterparty. It wasn't flushing, so I lifted up the tank lid and fixed it because I used to work light maintenance at a motel and it was the same powerflush set-up I was used to. You're welcome, Kell's Irish Pub.

When I got back to my room, I apparently wrote myself a note in one of the notebooks I won.


It reads: "Dear sober Katt, This pen is also a stylus kinda cool. Jacked the hotel toiletries & packed them already. You're welcome. Tried to wash off bar stamp but failed, sorry. Don't forget cock & balls. Sincerely, drunk Katt. PS I think the cow is plotting against you. It looks sketchy."

The cow is in reference to a purple squishy cow one of the vendors was handing out. It was sitting on the other bed in my hotel room when I woke up, standing on my new GoPro, staring at me while I slept apparently.

The cock & balls was in reference to getting a donut from Voodoo Too. My hotel was only about three blocks away.

Unfortunately, Voodoo Donuts is a cash-only establishment, and drunk me blew all the cash on booze. So I was unable to get my donuts in the morning. Drunk me is a cruel person.

No comments:

Post a Comment