Thursday, May 4, 2017

Apparently my doc wants me to drink less caffeine

I got my first physical with a new primary care in Yakima recently. They asked all the usual screening questions. They even asked about domestic abuse, which I thought was interesting because I'd never been asked that. Then today I learned it can be classified as a pre-existing condition and with the AHCA vote coming up I might be fucked on that one. Shit.

Anyway my doctor was like "Do you do any drugs or alcohol?" and that's easy because I'm like no to drugs yes to moderate alcohol. I always hate having to estimate my alcohol because it will be almost nothing throughout the week and then I got out once a week and have a lot of drinks. "So, have you had more than six drinks in one night in the past year?" In the past year no; I'm not 24 anymore, unfortunately.

I almost got through when my doc asked "Oh, I almost forgot. What about caffeine?"

"Yes, please."

She glared at me for giving that answer. Doc was not amused.

"How many cups a day?"

"At least five or six."

"Black coffee or sugary drinks?"

"Um...about 50/50?"

So in short doc wants me to cut caffeine. And stop eating garbage because I'm too fat. I get enough exercise but my diet is like a trash bin because I live by myself and it's hard to cook for one so I usually live off TV dinners and that pissed doc off as well.

Like hell I'm gonna cut my coffee...

No comments:

Post a Comment