Thursday, April 27, 2017

The fastest Uber ever

I live in a rural-ish area without many Uber drivers, but whenever I head to a largish city I use the app to summon strangers to take my drunk ass places. Some people are terrified by that prospect, but I love it because it's cheap and fast and so far I've had nothing but good experiences with drivers. I was recently staying overnight in Everett and travelling up to see the tulips in Skagit County, because when I lived in Bellingham I went every year.

I like the wine-colored ones because they remind me of wine.
For dinner I took the boyfriend each night to AFK Tavern, a nerd bar in Everett. I love it, though it's a bit on the pricey side. We broke $100 our first night. About 75% of that was my fault, between drinking and drunk munchies. They have a sweet cocktail called "Still a Better Love Story than Twilight" that boasts "still has more facial expressions than Kristen Stewart". It's an accurate description (and a tasty drink).

If you've never used Uber, the app has a little map app that shows where your driver is once you're matched. Wednesday night, it said our driver was 6 minutes away. I watched the little car icon travelling up Evergreen Way.

Me: "We're good, he's still dropping off his current passenger, we got six minutes....damn, look at him go. He's hauling ass. I don't think it's gonna take six minutes...holy shit he's really flooring it. Let's go outside. Hurry up he's two blocks away he's practically here at the pace he's going!"

Once in the car, we were off. Our driver, Najeb, was swearing at the other cars going "Faster! Faster! Damn it go faster!" He also kept swearing at his GPS, who tried to take him back down Evergreen Way. He got on the interstate instead. Surface streets are too slow for Najeb. I couldn't see the speedometer, but I am certain we were going much faster than law enforcement would approve of.

We got back to our motel safe and sound. Upon our departure from the car, a flock of semi-sober people descended upon his car. Najeb wastes no time between passengers.

If you're in Everett and want to get somewhere fast, Najeb takes care of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment