Monday, April 12, 2021

What's in my notes?

So I am a very studious notetaker. If I don't write something down, I know I will forget it. However, I simultaneously also suck at actually remembering to go and read my notes. And by the time I get around to it, the context is lost and so I don't know why I wrote what I wrote.

Here are some selections from the notes app in my phone, presented with no context, as the context has been lost to time:

"Carnage, in darkness"

"Peppermint stick"

"Car breakdown" (Which one?)

"Blog post drug addicts" (I don't know where I was going with this; I used to work at a cheap downtown motel so there are multiple stories here I might have had in mind.)

"Meanest burgers in town" (I think this was a math joke punchline but I don't remember the set up.)

"Screaming through the air in a hollow metal tube at 37,000 feet. Is it flying, or falling with style?' (I swear I have never done hard drugs!)

"The passed out drunk story" (I honestly have no clue what story this refers to.)

"Increase persuasive powers" (okay I remember this one; it came from a medical chart and the phrasing amused me, so I noted it. I maybe have stolen it for some of my own charting...)

"Questionable decisions"

"It's okay to be different; sometimes it's refreshing"

"Necornmancer" (no, not necromancer....neCORNmancer.)

"Dream with weird personal trainer"

Yeah, I really think I should start writing down contexts for these things....

No comments:

Post a Comment